Divisional Manager - Retail Charity
Location: Southern UK
Approx. Salary: c£50k+ car+package
The Divisional Manager – South, is responsible for leading a team of 6 Area Managers, 200 shop colleagues and 2000 volunteers across c. 100 shops. The role’s purpose is to deliver sales and profit targets. Plus amplify our voice within our communities to help deliver everyday equality for disabled people and their families. The role will achieve this by bringing to life, and delivering Scope’s retail strategy, which is based around the 3 pillars of Customer, Colleague and Community.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
• Provide inspirational and motivational leadership for the southern team of Area Managers, Shop and Assistant Shop Managers and volunteers.
• Role model leadership behaviours to the Area Manager team.
• Develop the Area Manager team to effectively lead their teams.
• Inspire teams to work creatively within the communities in which they operate. Work with them to identify, create, and deliver strategies to improve performance, identify opportunities to increase sales and stock, attract and retain volunteers, and amplify Scope’s voice by promoting our cause.
• Ensure our shops deliver a great commercial offer to our customers.
• Create and manage sales budgets, forecasts, and costs.
• Identify and exploit promotional opportunities.
• Apply a commercial approach to management of the South division’s retail estate, including new shop openings, refurbs, re-sites, and closures.
• Drive the delivery of a first-class customer experience in every retail shop on the division.
• Maintain and support the corporate identity of Scope through our shops.
• Drive regular competitor analysis activity and the monitoring of market trends throughout the division. And put in place action plans as necessary.
• Ensure that our colleagues and shops operate in a safe manner.
07 September 2021